KYOTO (1997), COP 21 (Paris 2015) and COP 22 (Marrackech 2016) define the targets to restrict the global warming to 1,5°C.
Ecodesign directive 2009/125/EC define a framework for all energy-consuming equipments.
It is mandatory for all products sold and used in European Union.
The regulations resulting from Ecodesign define, for each product family, minimum efficiencies to achieve in 2 steps.
Applied sinced 1St July 2016 > Next tier 1St July 2018
Which refrigeration products are concerned by regulation EU 2015/1095 ?
Are concerned since 1st July 2016:
• Low or medium temperature industrial chillers,
• Air cooled condensing units.
Are not concerned:
• Condensing units whose condenser part does not use air as heat transfer medium,
• Split units (one condensing unit associated with one or more evaporators, packaged or split),
• Compressor racks without condensers.